USF Nonprofit Grant Program
The Access Program or Project by Nonprofit Groups is a grant program under the Universal Service Fund that enables non-profit groups to apply for partial funding of programs or projects that will facilitate affordable access to telecommunications (Wis. Admin. Code § PSC 160.125(2)). The Commission can award up to $500,000 in grants under this program on a fiscal year basis.
Important items to note for this grant program include:
- Applicant must be a nonprofit group (defined as an
IRS § 501(c)(3) organization).
- Funding will be approved for only one year.
- Matching funds are required for 25 percent of the total project cost (or a dollar match for every three dollars of grant requested).
- The project must assist customers in areas of the state that have relatively high costs of telecommunication services, low-income customers or customers with disabilities in obtaining affordable access to essential telecommunications services.
- Applications for funding are due on April 5, 2021 at 4 p.m. CT.
- All applications must be submitted via the Commission’s Electronic Records Filing (ERF) system in docket 5-NF-2021.
- Additional information about filing on ERF may be found
2021 Application Instructions and Forms
Resources for 2020 Grant Recipients
Previous Grant Awards
Summary of 2020 Grant Awards:
Summary of 2019 Grant Awards:
Summary of 2018 Grant Awards:
Summary of 2017 Grant Awards:
Summary of 2016 Grant Awards:
Should you have any questions regarding the grant application guidelines, please contact Holly O'Higgins at 608-267-9486 or