Access to Public Records
Many records are available on the PSC’s Electronic Records Filing System. The public may obtain documents filed with or issued by the PSC on the PSC’s eServices portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit a public records request?
You may submit a public records request via email at PSCPublicRecordsRequest@wisconsin.gov or by:
Public Service Commission of Wisconsin
4822 Madison Yards Way
P.O. Box 7854
Madison, WI 53707-7854
Attention: Public Records Custodian
Monday through Friday
7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
4822 Madison Yards Way
How may I obtain requested records?
You may obtain records electronically or by mail.
How quickly can I received requested records?
PSC works to fulfill these requests as soon as practicable.
Is there a fee associated? If so, how much?
Depending on the records requested, the times and means of locating requested records, and how the records are delivered, there may or may not be a fees associated.
When requested and whenever practicable, the Commission will provide
electronic copies of records that already exist in electronic format without charging reproduction fees on a per-page basis. If a record is not in a readily comprehensible format and electronic copies are provided, the PSC may charge the actual costs of creating a readily comprehensible form. The PSC may also recover the actual cost of the physical media used to provide electronic records (DVD, flash drive).
hard copies (paper records provided by copying a paper record or printing an electronic record):
- $0.13 per page (black and white)
- $0.63 per page (color)
- In rare circumstances specialized skills, equipment, or technology may request in additionally copy costs.
There may be a
- The PSC may charge the actual, necessary, and direct costs of locating the records if it exceeds $50.
- Any staff time for locating records will be billed at the hourly rate of salary for the lowest-paid employee capable of performing the task. The hourly rate charged for locating records may also include the cost of benefits, but will not exceed $22.54 per hour.
- The PSC may charge the actual, necessary, and direct costs for the mailing of records.
The above fees apply except where a different fee is authorized by law.
Is prepayment necessary?
The PSC may require
pre-payment if the total costs are greater than $5.
Complete PSC Public Records Notice
Print the complete PSC Public Records Notice
Public Records Request Notice