On July 14th, 2020, Governor Tony Evers signed
Executive Order #80 (Accessible Version) creating the
Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access. The task force will advise the Governor and Wisconsin State Legislature on broadband actions and policy, including strategies for successfully expanding high speed internet access to every residence, business, and institution in the state; initiatives for digital inclusion; and pathways to unlocking and optimizing the benefits of statewide, affordable access to broadband for all communities in Wisconsin.
Leadership & Membership
The task force will be chaired by Brittany Beyer, Executive Director for Grow North Regional Economic Development Corporation, and consists of members who represent a balance of interests, perspectives, and areas of expertise. It will bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to research and develop recommendations for actions so that all Wisconsinites can have access to this essential and critical service needed for daily life.
Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access members include:
- Robert Earl Baker III, Founder, RenderTech
- Marta Bechtol, Executive Director, Educational Communications Board
- Brittany Beyer (Chair), Executive Director, Grow North Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Tom Boron, IT Director, Washburn County
- Salvador L. Carranza, Founder, Latino Education Council of Dane County
- Shannon Clark, CEO & General Manager, Richland Electric Cooperative
- Lori Collins, President/CEO, SonicNet Inc.
- Douglas Cox, Director of Land Management, Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
- Emily Dittmar, Legislative Director, Wisconsin Educational Media and Technology Association
- Andrew Faust, Senior GIS Analyst, North Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- Celeste Flynn, Director of Government Affairs, Charter Communications
- Matthew Gabrielse, President, Gabe's Construction Co., Inc.
- Chris Her-Xiong, Executive Director/Principal, Hmong American Peace Academy
- Justin Huebner, CEO and General Manager, Solarus
- Gail Huycke, Community Development Specialist, UW-Extension Center for Community and Economic Development
- Howard Marklein, State Senator (R-Spring Green)
- Jose Martinez, Vice President, UMOS
- Chris Meyer, Director of Virtual Care and Telehealth, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Beth Meyers, State Representative (D-Bayfield)
- Jeffrey Mursau, State Representative (R-Crivitz)
Brad Pfaff, State Senator (D-Onalaska)
- Jean Pauk, Government Affairs Manager, TDS Telecommunications
- Rachel K. Schemelin, E-Rate and Broadband Education Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Brett Schuppner, General Manager, Reedsburg Utility Commission
- Jennifer Shilling, Government Relations Manager, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Dr. Chet Strebe, Associate Vice President of Information Technology, Chief Information Officer, Northcentral Technical College
- Chad Young, CEO/General Manager, Norvado
Annual Broadband Report
The task force will prepare an annual report that will include the current state of broadband in Wisconsin, as well as recommendations for policies and initiatives to overcome challenges to statewide access, affordability and adoption. Staffing support for the task force will be provided by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC) State Broadband Office.
2021 Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access Report
Upcoming Task Force Meetings
Tuesday, May 24th, 2022, 9 a.m.
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022, 1 p.m.
If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please call the phone number below at least three business days prior to the meeting.
Si necesita un intérprete, un traductor, materiales en formatos alternativos u otros arreglos para acceder a este servicio, actividad o programa, comuníquese al número de teléfono que figura a continuación tres días hábiles como mínimo antes de la reunión.
Yog hais tias koj xav tau ib tug neeg txhais lus, ib tug neeg txhais ntawv, cov ntawv ua lwm hom ntawv los sis lwm cov kev pab kom siv tau cov kev pab, cov kev ua ub no (activity) los sis qhov kev pab cuam, thov hu rau tus xov tooj hauv qab yam tsawg peb hnub ua hauj lwm ua ntej yuav tuaj sib tham.
For questions or accommodations regarding this meeting, please contact: Jaron McCallum, (608) 267-2160,
Past Task Force Meetings
Wednesday, January 19th, 2022, 2 p.m. Agenda Recording
Wednesday, February 9th, 2022, 1 p.m. Agenda
Wednesday, March 9th, 2022, 1 p.m. Agenda
Wednesday, April 13th, 2022, 1 p.m. Agenda
Wednesday, May 11th, 2022, 1 p.m.
2020 and 2021 Task Force
Meeting agendas and recordings are available upon request.
Members of the public and other interested parties may provide public comment in two forms. First, a portion of time will be set aside on each full task force meeting agenda for public comment opportunity. Second, written public comment will be accepted in formal letter form if sent to
PSCStateBroadbandOffice@wisconsin.gov with the subject line “Task Force Public Comment".