On July 14th, 2020, Governor Tony Evers signed
Executive Order #80 (Accessible Version) creating the Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access. The task force will advise the Governor and Wisconsin State Legislature on broadband actions and policy, including strategies for successfully expanding high speed internet access to every residence, business, and institution in the state; initiatives for digital inclusion; and pathways to unlocking and optimizing the benefits of statewide, affordable access to broadband for all communities in Wisconsin.
Leadership & Membership
The task force will be chaired by Brittany Beyer, Executive Director for Grow North Regional Economic Development Corporation, and consists of members who represent a balance of interests, perspectives, and areas of expertise. It will bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to research and develop recommendations for actions so that all Wisconsinites can have access to this essential and critical service needed for daily life.
Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access members include:
- Robert Earl Baker III, Founder, RenderTech
- Marta Bechtol, Executive Director, Educational Communications Board
- Brittany Beyer (Chair), Executive Director, Grow North Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Tom Boron, IT Director, Washburn County
- Salvador L. Carranza, Founder, Latino Education Council of Dane County
- Shannon Clark, CEO & General Manager, Richland Electric Cooperative
- Lori Collins, President/CEO, SonicNet Inc.
- Emily Dittmar, Legislative Director, Wisconsin Educational Media and Technology Association
- Andrew Faust, Senior GIS Analyst, North Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- Celeste Flynn, Director of Government Affairs, Charter Communications
- Matthew Gabrielse, President, Gabe's Construction Co., Inc.
- Chris Her-Xiong, Executive Director/Principal, Hmong American Peace Academy
- Gail Huycke, Community Development Specialist, UW-Extension Center for Community and Economic Development
- Howard Marklein, State Senator (R-Spring Green)
- Jose Martinez, Vice President, UMOS
- Chris Meyer, Director of Virtual Care and Telehealth, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Beth Meyers, State Representative (D-Bayfield)
- Jeffrey Mursau, State Representative (R-Crivitz)
Brad Pfaff, State Senator (D-Onalaska)
- Jean Pauk, Government Affairs Manager, TDS Telecommunications
- Rachel K. Schemelin, E-Rate and Broadband Education Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Brett Schuppner, General Manager, Reedsburg Utility Commission
- Jennifer Shilling, Government Relations Manager, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Dr. Chet Strebe, Associate Vice President of Information Technology, Chief Information Officer, Northcentral Technical College
- Chad Young, CEO/General Manager, Norvado
Annual Broadband Report
The task force will prepare an annual report that will include the current state of broadband in Wisconsin, as well as recommendations for policies and initiatives to overcome challenges to statewide access, affordability and adoption. Staffing support for the task force will be provided by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC) State Broadband Office.
2021 Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access Report
Upcoming Task Force Meetings
Wednesday, January 19th, 2022, 2 p.m. Agenda
Wednesday, February 9th, 2022, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2022, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, April 13th, 2022, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, May 11th, 2022, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022, 1 p.m.
Past Task Force Meetings
Meeting recordings are available upon
Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 Agenda
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 – Immediate Solutions Working Group Agenda
Friday, October 9th, 2020 – Immediate Solutions Working Group Agenda
Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 Agenda
Friday, November 13th, 2020 – Immediate Solutions Working Group Agenda
Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 –
Wisconsin Broadband Office Presentation Agenda
Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 Agenda
Friday, January 22nd, 2021 - Defining Terms Subgroup Agenda
Thursday, January 28th, 2021 – Defining Terms Subgroup
Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 – Subcommittee Meetings
Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 Agenda
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 – Subcommittee Meetings Agenda
Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 Agenda
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 – Subcommittee Meetings
Monday, April 12th, 2021 - Equity & Inclusion Work Group
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 - Active Network Building & Community Alignment Subcommittee
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 - Defining Terms Subgroup
Wednesday, April 28th, 2021
Wednesday, April 28th, 2021 - Equity & Inclusion Work Group
Wednesday, May 5th, 2021 - Subcommittee Meetings Agenda
Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 - Equity & Inclusion Work Group Agenda
Wednesday, May 26th, 2021 Agenda
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021
Members of the public and other interested parties may provide public comment in two forms. First, a portion of time will be set aside on each full task force meeting agenda for public comment opportunity. Second, written public comment will be accepted in formal letter form if sent to PSCStateBroadbandOffice@wisconsin.gov with the subject line “Task Force Public Comment".