All telecommunications providers are required to:
- Inform the Commission of changes in information submitted on the original petition. (see below)
- Respond to annual questionnaires for assessment purposes.
- Respond to data requests issued by PSC staff.
- Abide by the rules regarding notice of changes in rates and terms of subscription in Wis. Admin. Code § ATCP 123.04.
- For resellers and CLECs, comply with all statutes specified as applicable by the provider’s certification order.
How should telecommunications providers notify the Commission of name changes, or changes to other provider information?
If a telecommunications provider is changing their official mailing address and/or contact information, it should enter that information via the online Update Utility Mail and Email Address site.
If the provider is changing its legal name, the provider should upload a letter, signed by a corporate officer or agent who attests that the information is true and correct, to the Electronic Records Filing (ERF) system. All such letters should include the four or five digit PSC Utility ID. A PDF copy of the approval / acknowledgement of the name change issued by the Wis. Dept. of Financial Institutions must be attached.
For other changes, such as adoption of d/b/a names or other changes, the provider should upload a letter, signed by a corporate officer or agent who attests that the information is true and correct, to the Electronic Records Filing system. All such letters should include the four or five digit PSC Utility ID.
For assistance in using ERF, please contact the Records Management unit at (608) 261-8524 or at PSCRecordsMail@wisconsin.gov.
For other questions or to discuss these issues, please contact Peter Jahn by email at Peter.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (608) 267-2338.