Overview of the ACP
The Federal Communications Commission's
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a benefit program that helps ensure households can afford the internet connections they need for work, school, health care and more.
The ACP provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute up to $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. A household may receive both the ACP benefit and the Lifeline benefit.
Enrollment in the ACP is open for households with at least one member qualifying under any of the following criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the
federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
To Find a Wisconsin Provider
Participation by internet service providers is voluntary by the company. Most, but not all providers are participating in the ACP benefit program. A list of approved, participating providers, service type and whether or not they are offering devices in available by visiting Wisconsin Providers.
ACP Eligibility and Application Tool
Visit the ACP website. If you need to talk to someone about your eligibility or application status, call the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575 or write via email to ACPSupport@usac.org.