PSC Home Contact US State of Wi Portal
PSC Home
PSC Logo
Electricity Natural Gas Telecom Water consumer


Natural Gas





Water & Sewer

PWAC - Purchased Water Adjustment Clause Application

The Purchased Water Adjustment Clause application offers you the ability to file for a water rate adjustment based on a rate increase from your wholesale supplier.

A utility must request the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) to authorize a PWAC rate change within 90 days of a change in its wholesale supplier's rates or forfeit all adjustments to its rates under the PWAC until the time of its next rate case.

Download the PWAC application xlsx spreadsheet

The application must be filed using the PSC's Electronic Regulatory Filing (ERF) system.

Users must submit the application as a public document under its Utility ID number, using the following document description [Current Year] PWAC for [Utility Name].
(Example:  2017 PWAC for Anytown Water Utility)

If you have any questions about the content of the application, please contact David Prochaska at or 608.266.5739.